Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: It's Election Day.

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    Trust me. Berea is very liberal.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trumpet1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me. Berea is very liberal. </div></div>

    LOL even tho you go there he will argue about the credibility of the source.
    GO VOLS

  3. #23
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    I'm arguing it, it could be a very liberal place. Just pointing out that almost every college in the US will probably lean Obama because of the young people.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    Actually most colleges in general are liberal breeding grounds.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #25
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    So are you saying Rep. dont go to college? Explains a lot [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] jk.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    No, Republicans are the ones that finish college. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] jk
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #27
    Inactive Member cuuvapitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2008
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    nm

  8. #28
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It did come off as rude. I highly doubt that Obama will win Kentucky. Most college students here are for Obama cause this is Berea, the most liberal college I've heard of.

    I'm hoping for McCain to win, obviously. </div></div>

    As I said previously it was not my intention for it come off as rude. Excuse me for supporting a different candidate. Common sense dicates you should vote where your vote will mean the most, it's not my fault you decided otherwise. Why anybody who could vote in VA would choose to vote in KY is odd to me. You basically decided you care more about senate, governor, school board, and local representatives in Berea KY than you do in Wise County. If you were a full time resident there I would understand (to a degree, I would still claim residence in VA and vote via abstentee until graduation). All I can say is thank you for one less vote McCain should have gotten from a native Virgian.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm arguing it, it could be a very liberal place. Just pointing out that almost every college in the US will probably lean Obama because of the young people. </div></div>Could be is an understatement. Berea is very liberal and pretty biased about it. We've had professors tell students how they should vote "A vote for Obama is a vote for women's rights." We've had some of the most liberal speakers at convos (Wynona LaDuke, 1972 Democrat Presidential Nominee George McGovern are examples). And they mock conservatives. Trust me. I am a junior at Berea.

    And yes, most colleges are pretty liberal but this one is liberal to the extremes. I still go here because I like the music department.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: It's Election Day.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It did come off as rude. I highly doubt that Obama will win Kentucky. Most college students here are for Obama cause this is Berea, the most liberal college I've heard of.

    I'm hoping for McCain to win, obviously. </div></div>

    As I said previously it was not my intention for it come off as rude. Excuse me for supporting a different candidate. Common sense dicates you should vote where your vote will mean the most, it's not my fault you decided otherwise. Why anybody who could vote in VA would choose to vote in KY is odd to me. You basically decided you care more about senate, governor, school board, and local representatives in Berea KY than you do in Wise County. If you were a full time resident there I would understand (to a degree, I would still claim residence in VA and vote via abstentee until graduation). All I can say is thank you for one less vote McCain should have gotten from a native Virgian. </div></div>Well one, where I am in Kentucky, it's easier for me to vote there this year than by absentee.

    I don't really mind that your vote was different than mine. I don't remember even having to give you permission.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •